You may have heard announcements on the air that: “Many of the music beds and sound effects that are heard in content produced by 88.3 WUAW are made available through a Creative Commons License.” What does that mean? Why do we make those announcements?
When something is covered under a Creative Commons license, that means that creators provide audio (and many other types of creative work) that can be used freely under various conditions. Many of these creators simply ask for attribution for their work. That’s why we air those announcements—and, why we have this page on our website.
Website Sources We Use
EMAIL US AND TELL US! (wuaw at cccc dot edu)
- Anthony Kozar
- Audio Library – Free Music
- Bass Rebels
- Jason Shaw
- Blue Dot Sessions (not for underwriting announcements)
- CC Community
- CC Mixter
- Darren Curtis
- Dig CC Mixter
- Free Music Archive
- FreeSFX Music
- FreeSoundTrackMusic (limited selections)
- Free-Stock-Music (check for license)
- Kevin MacLeod
- JewelBeat Music (limited selections)
- Josh Woodward
- Matt McFarland
- Moby Gratis (free permission must be requested)
- MusOpen (largely piano and orchestral music – check for license)
- NetLabels (check for license)
- Papone Music
- Phlow Magazine
- Purple Planet Music
- RFM Royalty Free Music (check for license)
- Scott Holmes Music (not for underwriting announcements)
- Vlog No Copyright Music – Site Link – YouTube Link
- YouTube (Music) Audio Library
- YouTubers Music
Photos and Artwork
Licenses We Use
You are free to remix, tweak, and build upon this work even for commercial purposes, as long as the author or licensor is credited, and new works are licensed under identical terms.
Licenses NOT Used in Underwriting Announcements
You are free to remix, tweak, and build upon this work non-commercially, and although new works must also acknowledge the author or licensor and be non-commercial. New works do not have to be licensed on the same terms.
You are free to download and redistribute this work for non-commercial purposes as long as the author or licensor is credited. You are also free to translate, make remixes, and produce new works based on this work as long as the author or licensor of the original work is credited, the new creations are licensed under identical terms and they are non-commercial in nature.
Licenses NOT Used by WUAW
This license allows for redistribution, commercial and non-commercial, as long as it is passed along unchanged and in whole, with credit to the creator. (There are also licenses that stipulate “share-alike” conditions.)